Monday, January 24, 2011

A Little Garden Party


My new year's resolution is to regain enchantment in life.

***********

Enchantment - captivation, utterly delighted, fascinated, charmed, bewitched, magic, enthralled.

***********

What could be a better way to start the new year than a garden bash to celebrate the good life? I invited my lovely friend, A, whose birthday was round the corner to my little garden party as my pampered guest while I attempted to set up a sari canopy for the first time.

The sari canopy was inspired by a book: Easy Outdoor Living by Clare Matthews. I love the "easy" projects especially when everything looks so pretty and pampering. 

I got my sari from Tekka Market at Little India and four cheap curtain rods from IKEA and boy, am I surprised it stood up for hours in the wind! A contributed her picnic rugs for the day.

It was a relaxing day while we discussed our plans for the upcoming holiday to Tokyo and was distracted by Sonia Choquette's Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose Oracle cards.

Food was simple and healthy. Orange slush in wine glasses look perfectly decadent. Fresh salad greens with cherry tomatoes and green apple cubes with a dash of balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil balanced out the supersteamed grilled beef and sausages. Pasta was spaghetti mixed with Leggo's stir through Ricotta & Spinach with Pecorino Cheese sauce and olive oil. Snack was vegetable sticks with dip. Finally we polished off some petite pretty Japanese ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment